|Title||The Church of End Times|
|Founder||david & dennis stanley (brothers)|
david stanley controls everything,,,,, , -preaching and giving sermons -without the church and their teachings you are nothing, you don't have the "real" truths -dominates women; women must fall in line to the whims of the men in their lives -reports of sexual abuse among the teenage girls within the church
Behavior1. Regulation of individual's physical reality
a. Where, how and with whom the member lives and associates with
b. What clothes, colors, hairstyles the person wears
c. What food the person eats, drinks, adopts, and rejects
d. How much sleep the person is able to have
e. Financial dependence
f. Little or no time spent on leisure, entertainment, vacations
2. Major time commitment required for indoctrination sessions and group rituals
3. Need to ask permission for major decisions
4. Need to report thoughts, feelings and activities to superiors
5. Rewards and punishments (behavior modification techniques- positive and negative).
6. Individualism discouraged; group think prevails
7. Rigid rules and regulations
8. Need for obedience and dependency.
our two sons, our oldest sons girlfriend and our 4month old grandson are all there,,,, they recently separated the men from the women , made them all shave their heads, had the men dress as women and women dress as men,,, humiliation ~ they are all living at david stanleys house in uxbridge ma
Information1. Use of deception
a. Deliberately holding back information
b. Distorting information to make it acceptable
c. Outright lying
2. Access to non-cult sources of information minimized or discouraged
a. Books, articles, newspapers, magazines, TV, radio
b. Critical information
c. Former members
d. Keep members so busy they don’t have time to think
3. Compartmentalization of information; Outsider vs. Insider doctrines
a. Information is not freely accessible
b. Information varies at different levels and missions within pyramid
c. Leadership decides who “needs to know” what
4. Spying on other members is encouraged
a. Pairing up with “buddy” system to monitor and control
b. Reporting deviant thoughts, feelings, and actions to leadership
5. Extensive use of cult generated information and propaganda
a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audio tapes, videotapes, etc.
b. Misquotations, statements taken out of context from non-cult sources
6. Unethical use of confession
a. Information about “sins” used to abolish identity boundaries
b. Past “sins” used to manipulate and control; no forgiveness or absolution
they are told not to call family , they have all closed their facebook pages
Thought1. Need to internalize the group's doctrine as "Truth"
a. Map = Reality
b. Black and White thinking
c. Good vs. evil
d. Us vs. them (inside vs. outside)
2. Adopt "loaded" language (characterized by "thought-terminating clichés"). Words are the tools we use to think with. These "special" words constrict rather than expand understanding. They function to reduce complexities of experience into trite, platitudinous "buzz words".
3. Only "good" and "proper" thoughts are encouraged.
4. Thought-stopping techniques (to shut down "reality testing" by stopping "negative" thoughts and allowing only "good" thoughts); rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism.
a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking
e. Speaking in "tongues"
f. Singing or humming
5. No critical questions about leader, doctrine, or policy seen as legitimate
6. No alternative belief systems viewed as legitimate, good, or useful
they tell us if we don't believe as they do then they want nothing to do with us,,,, we haven't seen or heard from our oldest son, his girlfriend and our grandson since November of 2012,,,, we were kicked out of where they were living, because it was suggested they were being brain washed,,, they told us then that David Stanley said our grandson was full of pity, a brat and cried all the time, but David Stanley fixed him,,, they wouldn't tell us what was meant by this,,,, they also told us they were dead to us,,,,,,, our youngest had texted me but it was always questioning our love for him,,,, he said "do you like your way where your sons hate you ? or do you like my way where you have love with your sons?" ~ the only way i know to answer this is I love you no matter what.
Emotional1. Manipulate and narrow the range of a person's feelings.
2. Make the person feel like if there are ever any problems it is always their fault, never the leader's or the group's.
3. Feeling-stopping. Like thought-stopping, this is the automatic suppression or blocking of feelings that are not acceptable by the cult identity- such as feeling "homesick" or feeling "depressed" or feeling "resentful".
4. Excessive use of guilt
a. Identity guilt
1. Who you are (not living up to your potential)
2. Your family
3. Your past
4. Your affiliations
5. Your thoughts, feelings, actions
6. Social guilt
7. Historical guilt
5. Excessive use of fear
a. Fear of thinking independently
b. Fear of the "outside" world
c. Fear of enemies
d. Fear of losing one's "salvation"
e. Fear of leaving the group or being shunned by group
f. Fear of disapproval
6. Extremes of emotional highs and lows.
7. Ritual and often public confession of "sins".
8. Phobia indoctrination: programming of irrational fears of ever leaving the group or even questioning the leader's authority. The person under mind control cannot visualize a positive, fulfilled future without being in the group.
a. No happiness or fulfillment "outside"of the group
b. Terrible consequences will take place if you leave: "hell"; "demon possession"; "incurable diseases"; "accidents"; "suicide"; "insanity"; "10,000 reincarnations"; etc.
c. Shunning of leave takers. Fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family.
d. Never a legitimate reason to leave. From the group's perspective, people who leave are: "weak"; "undisciplined"; "unspiritual"; "worldly"; "brainwashed by family, counselors"; seduced by money, sex, rock and roll.
they always tell us we didnt do anything right to raise them,,,, david stanley is the only one who knows what real love is,,, we did everything wrong
http://www.woonsocketcall.com/node/6563 http://www.cautionchurchahead.com/2012/11/the-church-of-end-times-insiders-view.html http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/10/05/pastors-of-controversial-uxbridge-church-arrested/ http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/10/08/cult-leaders-arrested-in-ma-and-you-wont-believe-the-details/
Help a Loved One
716 Beacon Street
Newton, MA 02459
Phone: 617 396-4638
Fax: (617) 628-8153
Facebook - Combating Cult Mind Control 25th Anniversary Edition
Facebook - Steven Hassan Cult Expert