|Title||The Church of End Times - Uxbridge, MA|
The Stanley brothers also own Driveways Corp, their driveways paving business located in the same building as the church.
|Founder||David and Dennis Stanley|
This cult has recently been the subject of several TV and newspaper stories in MA and RI. The leader has recruited many people of the past few years including several teenage girls - my daughter being one of them. He conducts "exorcisms" on the members regularly to release the "demons" from them. There is an enormous amount of information oabout this church/cult on the internet including several videos of the exorcisms taking place.
Behavior1. Regulation of individual's physical reality
a. Where, how and with whom the member lives and associates with
b. What clothes, colors, hairstyles the person wears
c. What food the person eats, drinks, adopts, and rejects
d. How much sleep the person is able to have
e. Financial dependence
f. Little or no time spent on leisure, entertainment, vacations
2. Major time commitment required for indoctrination sessions and group rituals
3. Need to ask permission for major decisions
4. Need to report thoughts, feelings and activities to superiors
5. Rewards and punishments (behavior modification techniques- positive and negative).
6. Individualism discouraged; group think prevails
7. Rigid rules and regulations
8. Need for obedience and dependency.
My daughter was made to change the style of her dress, and then her speech/words began to change. She claimed that her family and house were full of demons. She quit her job, quit college and left home without warning to live at the home of David Stanley with his family and several other cult members... all teenage girls.
Information1. Use of deception
a. Deliberately holding back information
b. Distorting information to make it acceptable
c. Outright lying
2. Access to non-cult sources of information minimized or discouraged
a. Books, articles, newspapers, magazines, TV, radio
b. Critical information
c. Former members
d. Keep members so busy they don’t have time to think
3. Compartmentalization of information; Outsider vs. Insider doctrines
a. Information is not freely accessible
b. Information varies at different levels and missions within pyramid
c. Leadership decides who “needs to know” what
4. Spying on other members is encouraged
a. Pairing up with “buddy” system to monitor and control
b. Reporting deviant thoughts, feelings, and actions to leadership
5. Extensive use of cult generated information and propaganda
a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audio tapes, videotapes, etc.
b. Misquotations, statements taken out of context from non-cult sources
6. Unethical use of confession
a. Information about “sins” used to abolish identity boundaries
b. Past “sins” used to manipulate and control; no forgiveness or absolution
Her cell phone was taken away, and I assume her laptop. Her license and car registration was also taken. She was in a car accident and because the car was registerd to me, the police contacted me and I collected the wrecked vehicle. She has told me that she doesn't watch TV anymore.
Thought1. Need to internalize the group's doctrine as "Truth"
a. Map = Reality
b. Black and White thinking
c. Good vs. evil
d. Us vs. them (inside vs. outside)
2. Adopt "loaded" language (characterized by "thought-terminating clichés"). Words are the tools we use to think with. These "special" words constrict rather than expand understanding. They function to reduce complexities of experience into trite, platitudinous "buzz words".
3. Only "good" and "proper" thoughts are encouraged.
4. Thought-stopping techniques (to shut down "reality testing" by stopping "negative" thoughts and allowing only "good" thoughts); rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism.
a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking
e. Speaking in "tongues"
f. Singing or humming
5. No critical questions about leader, doctrine, or policy seen as legitimate
6. No alternative belief systems viewed as legitimate, good, or useful
My ex-wife and I confronted her outside the church (and videotaped the conversation). The phrases, words and ideas she used were completely foreign to anthing she had ever said before. She used words such as "controlling", "planning", "pity", "demonic", explaining to us that she had never known love or happiness until now. She believes she now knows "the Truth" and we will never have a relationship with her again unless we join the Church and accept the Truth.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/10/08/cult-leaders-arrested-in-ma-and-you-wont-believe-the-details/# http://www.telegram.com/article/20121014/NEWS/110149692/0 http://www.inquisitr.com/356887/church-of-the-end-times-alleged-cult-leaders-arrested-in-massachusetts-video/ http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20049062/2012/11/08/exorcisms-and-exploitation-uxbridge-church-under-scrutiny
Help a Loved One
716 Beacon Street
Newton, MA 02459
Phone: 617 396-4638
Fax: (617) 628-8153
Facebook - Combating Cult Mind Control 25th Anniversary Edition
Facebook - Steven Hassan Cult Expert